- Club Life
- Food & Beverage
- Contact Us
Honouring the past, embracing the future
The local First Nations peoples called the low lying land “Quilchena” meaning running water, sweet water, or many waters. On August 4, 1925, the evocative word was chosen as the name for the fledgling golf club.
The popularity of the original nine-hole course at King Edward and 33rd Avenue on the edge of Vancouver was immediate. Within a year of opening day, plans to lease more land and build another nine holes were well underway.
Over the decades, as the club evolved and eventually moved in 1956 to its permanent home in Richmond, that popularity and sense of community has been nurtured by the membership each step of the way.
Quilchena sustains the traditions of the original Quilchena Golf & Country Club, and secures the best that private club membership can offer for this generation, and those to follow.